Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ip Man 2 [and critics on Iron Man 2]

[If you don't watch this, you are so uncool!]

If I were to use one word to comment about Ip Man 2, it would be stupid because it is way too good that you seriously gotta do a lot of thinking after watching it.

Needless to say, Ip Man's Wing Chun Kung Fu is awesome! It's so much more practical than all those technologies that you see from Transformers and Iron Man. You see real kung fus in Ip Man. But you see a lot more distractions like sexy ladies which didn't relate much to the movie in Transformers and Iron Man. Well, I still have to say I love Scarlett Johansson's character in Iron Man. But Megan Fox in Transformers? Er.... *scratch head* By the way, how come Ivan Vanko, that fella who hated Iron Man so much died so easily? Anyway, did you even get to see how he died?? You only see a building, with a big white spark. Next scene, Ivan Vanko is almost dead. I got my eyes popped out when I saw that. Compare this to Hung Si Fu's battle with Twister. Omg! You can see how hard is it for a hero to die. Well, Ivan Vanko is not a hero, but he should be good enough for a better battle with Iron Man, I thought. Hm...

Besides that, do you get the "OOHM" to choke Twister to death when you see him punching and hitting Hung Si Fu and Ip Man? Damn! At the moment Twister punched on their faces, I have the urge to take the parang dao and split him into two pieces like splitting a big watermelon into two. How come this kind of urge doesn't exist when I watched Iron Man? I don't even feel Iron Man looks exactly like a hero in this sequel. He was drunk. He was out of his sane. Hero? Hm.. I don't know. Not that a hero cannot act like this. But I somehow feel there's a need to maintain a hero values to the audiences. See, people paid watch these kind of hero movies with the expectations to see someone heroic. So, if you were to show something that is opposing what the audiences want, ..... hm? Probably not so cool right? On the other hand, both Ip Man and Hung Si Fu had showed heroic values. Not just heroic values! They managed to impress us with human values. Arghh!! This is bloody cool I tell you. There're so many moral values we can learned from a single movie like this. Isn't this what we call superhero? Okay. We know Ip Man cannot fly like Superman, cannot transform like Transformers, cannot innovate like Iron Man, cannot drive super yao yeng car like Batman,... but, trust me. Ip Man definitely has better stamina than them because he doesn't depend on technologies. Instead, he makes full use of his whole body to be a superhero. Yay! So I honour him a 7-starred batch (literally). :P

After doing all the talking, now it's fair to comment Ip Man 2 with one word.

ONE WORD:

COOL!

=P

Love,
Sunshine

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0